January 1st 2021 


"A new day A new Dawn!
" Gataua Karanja

What a joy to start a new with the reflections of our past year there to give us many things, some are laughter, joy, peace and appreciation. All of these reflections we embrace. We are thankful for the kind whispers that we so appreciate as we reflect upon the beauty we experienced in 2020.


Wendy and Emelio




How our wedding plans started and changed over covid: 
Our wedding planning journey started back in 2019 while on a camping trip to Yosemite. Even though we originally planned to have our wedding in Southern California, we were captivated by Yosemite's beauty and decided Yosemite was THE SPOT!


We wanted to share our love for the outdoors and had envisioned an intimate, adventure-filled wedding weekend with 50 of our friends and family at the Ahwahnee Hotel. However, the pandemic had a different plan for us...







With so many uncertainties in the future, we did not want to wait nor cancel our wedding, and this pandemic is just a challenge, something we needed to face, together as a couple! We decided to go forward with saying "I Do". We did this with our immediate family and made it into family time, a sort of family vacation.



What I Learned:
Our wedding taught me to go with my gut, trust the team, and just enjoy the big day! I had to remind myself multiple times that our wedding day is the first day of many adventures with my partner!



 I was also extremely lucky to be surrounded by an amazing, experienced team who navigated me throughout the journey so I could be stress-free while looking and feeling like a queen!




The best part of our day was seeing the sunset after a hiking up to Sentinel Dome in my wedding dress and boots!! 





Vendors: 


Planning and Flowers - 
AddyRose Design
https://addyroseweddings.com

Photography - 
Patrick Pike Photography
http://patrickpike.com

Hair and makeup - Carol Cardinale/Bellissimo Brides
https://www.carolcardinale.com

Ceremony - Rev. Carol Dewey
https://weddingsinyosemite.com


Comments

Popular Posts